Fenton Tower is the perfect base from which you can enjoy all your favourite pastimes or learn some new ones.
Fenton Tower is an ideal location for your Scottish golf vacation, whether you are a player or a spectator. There are over 100 courses within 20-30 miles of Fenton Tower and 15 within 10 miles! These include Gullane, North Berwick and Luffness. Muirfield, host of the 2002 British Open is just 3 miles away. St Andrews is only 22 miles away “as the crow flies”. We have our own helicopter landing pad, so getting to where you want to be can be made that little bit easier.
We recommend booking your golf well in advance. There is room at the Tower to practice before you go out, our guests spend many happy hours chipping balls onto our island.
For everything you need to know about golf near Fenton Tower, click here for our Golf Links page.
- Game shooting, when in season, including pheasant and grouse
- River and loch fishing including salmon fishing on the River Tweed
- Horse riding from nearby stables
- Bird watcher’s heaven at the Bass Rock Seabird Centre
- Horse racing at Musselburgh
Tennis and squash are available in North Berwick (2 miles away)
Great terrain for cycle enthusiasts with a network of tiny roads. Cycles can be hired locally
- Boat and fishing trips from North Berwick
- Beaches: usually deserted
- Hill walking in the Lammermuir Hills, or walk to the local historic monuments nearby at Dirleton Castle a splendid Medieval castle with stunning gardens, the Haddington Priory, Tantallon Castle, Hailes Castle and Local Gardens
- Waymarked nature trails
- The geology trail on the limestone pavement near Dunbar
- The National Museums of Scotland
- Museum of Flight at East Fortune holds an annual Festival of Flight and now is home to Concorde
- Myreton Motor Museum
To find out about the restaurants, arts and shopping in Edinburgh visit Edinburgh Tourist Board. Every August sees the world’s largest gathering of the art world at the Edinburgh International Festival & Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Our Manager can help you book your activities when you make your reservation.